Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Machine learning and malware with Bayes

This is my first real blog post in 15 years. The subject of this post is using machine learning techniques for malware. I started out way too ambitiously something which meant that this post is significantly below my own expectations. It was the direct reason why I invented the 24 hours limit. The text gives short general introduction to supervised machine learning in general and a short presentation of Bayes-theorem in context of malware. It goes on to estimate a baysian probabillities for identifying an executable packer. You may notice there is lots of code in the source codes which isn't related to the text. It was sacrificed for time. Maybe I'll return to it some time in the future.

Text can be found here:
Source codes here:


No comments:

Post a Comment